DragonByte Shout is the ideal way to keep members on your forum while they wait for replies to their posts. It can be used in many ways - as a chat room for members, for staff to discuss issues in realtime, as a live-update feed of new posts and threads, as a way to track member milestones... Best of all, you can have multiple boxes in use for multple purposes!
To try out the full version of this product (and all other DragonByte Tech XenForo products), please request a demo board via this page: Request XenForo Demo Board - DragonByte® Technologies | Premium Mods & Addons
Major Lite Features
Advanced Shout Control: You have the ability to post shouts, edit your shouts, PM shouts to other users, Ignore other users, insert /Me commands, insert smilies, Bbcode, change font, text colour etc.
Advanced Staff Control: Give your staff members customised permissions to allow them to do certain actions, on all or selected instances and chat rooms. Permissions include: Silencing users, banning users, editing user shouts, Creating/Editing "Sticky Notices", Pruning shouts and much more.
Resource Optimisation: DragonByte Shout implements an Advanced Optimisation Protocol to save your forum resources. Enabling this will further reduce the amount of resources consumed by the shoutbox. AOP was originally featured in Inferno vBShout, and DragonByte Shout takes it to the next level by ensuring that all your chats are always up-to-date without taking up needless amount of resources.
Customisable New Post / Thread Notifications: Allows you to make the shoutbox post when a new thread is created, or a new post is made. You can make this happen with all threads (Which will take user permissions into account) or only threads/posts from certain forums.
Shoutbox Tabs: New PM's or User Chat Rooms create Tabs. Tabs will highlight to let you know something new has happened, and you can even set them to make sounds to alert you.
Active Users Shout-bit: Shows the users active in the tab/instance you are, with the option to view everyone who can enter/exit the room at will (and thus see any shouts posted) in a pop-up to save resources. Perfect for seeing what's going on and who's around at a glance.
Context Menus: Many places now make use of context menus – less having to remember /commands, one click access to the most useful and commonly used functions, and the ability for users to access their shoutbox settings directly from the shoutbox itself.
Custom Chat Rooms: Your users can now set up their own Chat-Tabs, where they get to set who can come and chat. Perfect for clubs, guilds etc. Admins can also create permanent Chat rooms for specific usergroups etc. – perfect for a staff only chat room for instance, or to reward loyal members!
Custom Shoutbox Instances: Ever wanted a separate shoutbox just for your admin forum? Got a part of your board only for VIP members? Now you can set a shoutbox specific to those areas.
Shoutbox Sounds: You asked for it, we delivered. Customisable sounds now available on receiving shouts, Invites, PM's and more. (Requires QuickTime Plugin)
Archive: View all the shouts posted since the last pruning, Also shows you the top X shouters, a variety of interesting and useful shoutbox statistics, and allows you to search previous shouts.
Logging: Worried about staff members pruning the shoutbox to cover their tracks? Don't worry, with our advanced logging options, you can make sure a hard copy is kept of every action taken.
Revamped Thread / Reply Notices: Do you have a massive board with 100+ forums? With the revamped New Thread / Reply Notices page, you can edit exactly what forums show what notices in what instance all from one page.
Downloadable Shoutbox Archives: You and your shoutbox admins can download a complete dump of the Shoutbox' archive for all instances. With 3 supported formats (tab-delimited CSV, XML and TXT), there's something for everyone whether your purpose is review or programming.
Easy Shoutbox Notice Editing: You and usergroups with the "Can Set Sticky" permission can now edit the notice by double-clicking the Sticky in the shoutbox. Quickly fix typos or rapidly update with new turn of events, editing it is never more than two clicks away.
Professional Only benefits:
Ignore List: Allows users to keep track of who they are ignoring, and control this option via a list.
Extra Tab Options: The ability to set separate tabs for system notifications and notices is available in the PRO version, fantastic for keeping your chat tab uncluttered.
Detach Shoutbox: Lets you and your users have the shoutbox open in a seperate browser window/tab for easier use etc.
Additional Moderation Commands: The ability to add/edit the sticky notice through the shoutbox.
Extended Instance Options: Allows you to have separate notices per instance, set usergroup settings for individual instances, and even set unique staff permissions for each individual instance.
Expanded Context Menus: Lets your member/staff use the context menu to add/update the sticky note, Ban and Unban users, Ignore/Unignore users and prune individual user shouts.
Advanced Archive Searching: Ability to search by any combination of username, Last X Hours, Start/End date, as well as keyword. Filter searches, sort by criteria etc.
Personal User Shoutbox Options: Integrated with User CP, User gets to decide which things show on their shoutbox, PM's, notifications etc. Even what editor options show up for them. They also get to decide where their text input area goes for TOTAL customisation.
Custom Commands: Lets you and your users create their own commands for use. For example, create pre-set warning comments – Staff member types /firstwarning, Text appears saying "This is your first warning for breaking the shoutbox rules. You can view these rules at [link] If you have a question about this warning, please PM myself. Thanks."
Complete Feature List
- Post Shouts
- Edit / Delete Shouts
- Shouts played using HTML5 <audio> tags
- PM other users
- PM tabs for convo between two users
- View Active Users
- Separate context-aware block that shows the people active in your specific tab.
- Update text styles
- Slash commands
- Built-in commands in a drop-down list
- /banlist for a list of all users banned from the shoutbox
- Context menu for available actions
- View Profile
- Send PM
- Create chat room
- Invite / Manage users that can access this chat room
- Inviting an user sends them a pop-up asking them to join the room.
- Highlights when you're not viewing them but they have new messages.
- Chat Rooms get tabs added as you join them.
- Default logging logs all administrative slash commands.
- View list of all Shouts in the system
- Top X Shouters
- Shoutbox Statistics
- Search Archive
- Search by
- Search by
- Instance Manager
- Different instances on different pages
- Chat Room Manager
- Assign usergroups to chat rooms
- Edit Settings
- Which commands to log
- Log level
- Shouts to display
- Shouts to display (Archive)
- Shoutbox Height
- Shout display order
- Shoutbox Refresh Rate
- Smilies on / off
- PMs on / off
- Allowed BBCode controls
- Enabled Editor Tools
- Maximum [SIZE]
- Max characters per shout
- Max images per shout
- Archive "Top X Shouters" count
- Active Users block on/off
- Auto-Delete Shouts
- Max chat rooms per user
- Global sound switch
- Play sounds while idle
- Per-Usergroup display of moderator actions (like pruning shouts)
- Ability to disable the "Chat Access" list
- Alternating Shout Background Colours
- Forum Milestones (replacing the simple "Post Markers")
- Every X Posts
- Every X Threads
- Show command log
- Show banned users
- Show shout log
- Reset all style customisations
- Ban / Silence management in Edit User
- Instance Manager
- Shoutbox activity is tracked separate from users' shouts
- Only shows people who perform an action as active
- "Active Indicator" on the toolbar shows whether the user is active in the SB or not
- Doesn't flag users generating automatic notices as active
- Ability to anonymise any URL entered in the Shoutbox per-instance with Anonym.to
- Works with BBCode URLs
- Displays regular URL while editing shouts
Disallow "ALL CAPS"
- Ability to disallow all caps per-instance
New Slash Command: /resetshouts
- Resets all users' "Lifetime Shouts" counter to how many shouts they currently have in the system
- (Pro) /resetshouts user to reset an individual user's "Lifetime Shouts" counter
- Great way to put spammers in their place
Context Menu Improvements
- Dedicated context menu item for editing shouts (if user has permission to edit that shout)
- Dedicated context menu item for deleting shouts (if user has permission to delete that shout)
- Click the activity status icon to toggle invisibility
- Hides the user from all activity displays in the entire instance
- Great for surprising friends with shouts out of the blue!