- Compatible XF 2.x versions
- Visible branding
Quickly find threads in a forum.
(Example of Quick search box on forum list)
(Example of quick search results)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- Quick search box located in the forum list.
- Quick search box located in the forum view.
- Quick search box located in the resource manager.
- All phrases start with quicksearch_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-QuickSearch-1.9.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/QuickSearch directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
- In the quick search options page exclude any forums which are restricted.
- Set the appropriate user group permissions to Yes.
Q: Which content is searched?
A: Thread titles.
Q: Are all results shown?
A: No. The number of results shown is based on the quick search options page 'Limit'. Newest threads will be displayed.
Q: Is the "Forums default page" New posts function supported?