- Compatible XF 2.x versions
- Visible branding
Then this add-on is for you!
The TMDb Thread Starter allows you to enter the movie ID or the entire link to the movie at TMDb into your new thread, add whatever comments you like and post the new thread. The TMDb Thread Starter will import all of the information for your movie into the first post of the new thread.
- Makes the new thread title the name of the movie.
- Automatically populates the first post with the movie poster and information.
- Automatically displays the movie poster and information in forum thread list.
- Checks for duplicate movies and changes a new thread to a post in existing thread if found
- What information is imported into the first post is admin selectable.
- Ability to search Genre, Director and Title in forum thread list.
- Information shown in forum thread list is admin selectable.
- Choose multiple forums as movie forums.
- Limit forums to specific movie genres.
- Award trophy points for starting movie threads.
- Images may be displayed from local storage, CDN or obtained from The Movie Database cloud.
- Information import support for any ISO-639-1 language.
Changes from the XF1 version:
- Removed BB-Codes from movie posts (cron updates existing XF1 version threads)
- Movie display in threads in now via a template (allows for immediate forum wide changes).
- All movie posters are downloaded to your server (allows for immediate change in the event of a problem with other display source).
- Movie plot automatically shown in thread preview (no longer an option).
- Movie title is always used as thread title (unless new thread is a regular thread).
- Users can change their rating at any time.
Additions not in the XF 1.x version:
- In place editing of movies
- Upload attachments to first post in movie thread
WARNING: If you are upgrading to XenForo 2.0, you must have been running version 2.1.13 of the XF 1.x add-on before upgrading to XenForo 2.0. If you aren't, you will be unable to properly upgrade to this XF 2.x version.
A TMDb API Key obtained from The Movie Database web site
Server must have cURL installed